Re: [opensuse] Packman's k3b not writing DVDs correctly
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:49:18 -0600
On 1/19/07, Bob Ewart <bob-ewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running openSUSE 10.2 on two different 64-bit machines.

When I run the current packman version of k3b to burn a DVD iso, I get a
checksum error on 'verify written data'. I also tried different media.
Same error.

I turned off packman and re-installed the distribution version
0.12.17-31. It works but gives me the pesky 'run K3bSetup' message and
K3bSetup doesn't exist.

Any suggestions?

--
Bob

k3b uses growisofs under the hood to burn DVDs. So most probably the
problem is either with the growisofs, or is just with the compare
routine of k3b.

Try to calculate md5 sums manually from the media to check.

Or use dd if=/dev/dvd of=new.iso and compare new.iso with the iso file
you burned.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.