Re: [opensuse] How to get firefox to start in online mode
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:22:12 +0200
On 1/19/07, Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So most probably NetworkManager is activated on the system but not used
for the dialup connection. This is a known issue since NetworkManager
still thinks the machine is offline. If NetworkManager is not needed
(e.g. for WiFi) you should deactivate it, which would fix the problem.

Yip, deactivating Network Manager do fix the problem.

From James Ogley's response in the older thread, it sounded like FF
might depend on Network Manager, but I suppose that I misinterpreted
it.

I'll log a bug in bugzilla.

Thanks
--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za