RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 10:06 PM, Joseph Loo wrote:

>Greg Wallace wrote:

>>> The one you see in the bios setup.
>>>

>>> - --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Carlos E. R.
>>>

>> I'm running a Dell Optiplex GX260. In the BIOS, the only setting for the
>> clock is a digital clock where you adjust the time manually. There is no
>> option as far as local time vs any other type of time.
>>
>> Greg Wallace
>>

>When you load the system up, you have the option of setting either local
>time or UTC time. I believe that is what he is saying.

>If the superblock is always saying it is in the future, make sure you do
>a sync before you do a reboot. It is very rare, but it is just to be
>careful. Try to see if it is having the same problem.

>If you are still having the problem, there is a good chance that the
>sector is going bade. You might want to run soething like Steve Gibson
>Spinrite. In any case, I strongly suggest you make a backup of your
>system, as there is a good chance that your drive is beginning to die.

>--

>Joseph Loo
>jloo@xxxxxxx

I changed to UTC and the message about the time being in the future went
away. However, I still get a message saying it's doing an fsck. The
difference, though, is that now, rather than taking several minutes to go by
that message it goes by it instantly, so I don't know if it's really doing
an fsck anymore or not.

Greg Wallace