Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:06:21 -0800
Greg Wallace wrote:

>>> Not sure what you mean by "hardware clock".
>>>

>> The one you see in the bios setup.
>>

>> - --
>> Cheers,
>> Carlos E. R.
>>

> I'm running a Dell Optiplex GX260. In the BIOS, the only setting for the
> clock is a digital clock where you adjust the time manually. There is no
> option as far as local time vs any other type of time.
>
> Greg Wallace

When you load the system up, you have the option of setting either local
time or UTC time. I believe that is what he is saying.

If the superblock is always saying it is in the future, make sure you do
a sync before you do a reboot. It is very rare, but it is just to be
careful. Try to see if it is having the same problem.

If you are still having the problem, there is a good chance that the
sector is going bade. You might want to run soething like Steve Gibson
Spinrite. In any case, I strongly suggest you make a backup of your
system, as there is a good chance that your drive is beginning to die.

--

Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx