Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: StephenW <winstephen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:34:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/18/2007 Raoul Snyman wrote:
> > I prefer not to use WYSIWYG tools, like Nvu, I've only had bad
> > experiences. :-(
>
> Nvu has a good text mode also. I have used it for several pages and it
> never trashed anything I had done beforehand. It's very similar to Quanta.

OK ... now I am lost on this web design thing.
I have a teacher at school who asked for an easy web design program she could
use. I suggested Nvu ... now I wish I had not. Seems it is not for beginners
(since she will be limited to the WYSIWYG.

I am afraid our school system is stuck (mired, sinking in the quicksand of MS)
using WinXP. I guess the easiest is some MS slop -- like Frontpage. Unless,
you can steer me to an acceptable OSS.

Thanks
SW