RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 4:44 AM, Carlos Robinson wrote:

>The Wednesday 2007-01-17 at 16:42 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:

>> I just noticed the following lines ahead of the fsck in the log --
>>
>> Invoking userspace resume from /dev/hda1
>> resume: Could not stat configuration file
>> resume: libgcrypt version: 1.2.3
>> resume: Could not read the image
>> Invoking in-kernel resume from /dev/hda1 <-- swap
>> Waiting for device /dev/hda2 to appear ok
>> fsck...
>>
>> Could the fact that it's trying to do a resume and is unable to be the
cause
>> of the problem?

>No.

>Better post the following lines to that "fsck..." :-)

>- --
>Cheers,
> Carlos E. R.

Carlos:
Here's all of the lines from the start-up log beginning right before the
fsck and ending with the mount of the file system.

Waiting for device /dev/hda2 to appear: OK
fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
[/bin/fsck/ext3 (1) -- /] fsck.ext3 -a -CO /dev/hda2
/ (/dev/hda2): Superblock last write time is in the future. FIXED
/ (/dev/hda2) clean, 34... files, 89... blocks
fsck succeeded. Mounting root device read write
Mounting root /dev/hda2

I don't understand the part about last write time being in the future.
Every time I boot I get that same message. When I booted from the DVD and
ran e2fsck I also got it. I followed with another e2fsck right afterward
just to see if it went away and it did. But, when I booted again normally
it showed right back up again. Do you think that's what's causing the fsck?
I. e., when the system goes to mount the file it sees this future date and
that triggers an fsck. If so, I have no earthly idea what is causing that
date problem.

Greg Wallace