Re: [opensuse] syslog stuff
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:32:37 -0600
On 2007-01-18 12:07, Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 1:50 AM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>

>> <snip>
>> is there a syslog-ng.conf.in anywhere? Or a syslog-ng.conf?
>>

> Ok. I see. Yes, there are two files meeting the above criteria --
>
> /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
> /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf.rpmnew

OK, so much for assuming the config files in your version are the same
as in mine. Apologies for the confusion.

Please check in the Yast sysconfig editor for the values of the
following (under System/Logging):

SYSLOG_DAEMON
SYSLOG_NG_CREATE_CONFIG

The first should be set to "syslog-ng", but it may be set to "syslogd"
(that would explain right away why there is no /var/log/firewall).

The second might not even be present in your system, but if it does
exist, I need to know its value to be able to tell you which file (if
any) you need to edit -- we don't want any changes disappearing the next
time SuSEconfig runs :-)