Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Peter Bradley <P.Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:35:31 +0000
Ysgrifennodd Marc Wilson:
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:55:03PM -0500, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
I need to maintain an existing website. The last time I did this was with Windows and Dreamweaver.

You can't continue to use Windows and Dreamweaver? What's wrong with
Dreamweaver?
It produces crappy HTML/CSS just like all the other draggy/droppy thingies. We all tried Dreamweaver in work, but went back to hand coding. It turns out to be quicker than messing with Dreamweaver and the demoronifying it. It's better than FrontPage, I'll give you that, but that's not saying much.

And I'm not usually a macho-type programmer who thinks everything should be done in vi and compiled from a Makefile. Give me a decent IDE any day: but I've not found a decent HTML/CSS generator anywhere.

Peter