Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:11:20 +0100
On Thursday 18 January 2007 15:08, Kenneth Schneider wrote:

> OpenOffice produces some fairly clean code.

Sorry Ken, I disagree completely and would rather say that OpenOffice's html
editor is quite useless. It messes up the code by changing the html just by
opening a page, inserts unwanted tags etc. - all without asking and without
the possibility to turn this weird behaviour off.

I don't know what code quanta produces, but at least quanta is well integrated
in KDE which for sure is a plus. And it lets you edit the source as you want
(in OO you can also edit and clean up the code, but as soon as you save it,
all the mess is back again, no way to get around that).

IMO OO can really only be used if you just want a little "me-too-page", but
not for anything serious.

(I use several windows of kwrite [one for the html, another for the css, maybe
one for javascripts] plus a browser window, so I can always see the effects
of what I'm doing just after clicking reload in the browser. I'm faster with
that than earlier when using Adobe GoLive - and have the code as I want it)

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch