Re: [opensuse] beagled CPU usage
  • From: Benjamin Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:52:07 -0600
On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:47 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:

On Wednesday January 17 2007 6:41 pm, Robert Lewis wrote:
Install locate.....it's a UNIX util. available from several of the
servers. It runs from commandline, but quick and VERY usefull. Beagle
isn't ready for prime time yet.

Fred

I like locate and have been using it for years. It's an RPM
installable off the installation media. I think you have to turn
it on after installation through YaST services.

No......once installed, open a konsole, su or sux to root, then run "updatedb"
Once done, then locate works fine.

And after this it will be updated via a cronjob each night or whenever the cron is set to run .. I forget when that is as I've had the same modified crontab for quite awhile now because I disable a lot of SUSE crons that are installed off the DVD.

-Ben
--
"We should forgive our enemies. But not before they are hanged." Heinrich Heine