Re: [opensuse] Flash Player for Linux Now Available for Download
  • From: Marc Wilson <msw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:08:38 -0800
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 05:35:21PM -0800, J Sloan wrote:
> Sorry, but that is just silly. I have no trouble viewing youtube,
> quicktime movie trailers, flash, java, wmv, mpg, DVDs or any other
> multimedia on my SuSE desktops.

I don't give a tinker's d*mn about on-line video, myself, but since you
mention QuickTime specifically...

Why does Totem have such a problem with accurate playback of .MOV files?
It seems to be independent of codec... it'll play them, but the colors are
all shifted weirdly. Mplayer, of course, plays the same file accurately.

We won't talk about the disaster that is Xine... it's bad enough that Totem
uses its libraries, but I'll be d*mnned if I'm ever going to use that
disaster of a UI the Xine devs think is so cool. I'll do without first.

--
Marc Wilson | Good news. Ten weeks from Friday will be a pretty
msw@xxxxxxx | good day.