Re: [opensuse] resume from disk (was: fsck running amok)
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:30:20 -0600
On 2007-01-17 16:46, Greg Wallace wrote:
> <snip>
> messages to find any pertinent info. I found some lines ahead of where the
> fsck is invoked relating to resume from disk. Seems like that process is
> failing. I don't even need resume from disk, as far as I know, so I'm

In my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 vga=normal selinux=0
splash=silent resume=/dev/hdb3 showopts

The device/file named in the resume= entry is a swap partition/file. If
it doesn't exist, or isn't a properly formatted swap device, you will
get a failure.

You can eliminate the resume forever by removing that option from the
kernel options, but you give up the ability to suspend-to-disk if you do
that.