Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:06:41 +0800
Greg Wallace wrote:
> I just noticed the following lines ahead of the fsck in the log --
>
> Invoking userspace resume from /dev/hda1
> resume: Could not stat configuration file
> resume: libgcrypt version: 1.2.3
> resume: Could not read the image
> Invoking in-kernel resume from /dev/hda1 <-- swap
> Waiting for device /dev/hda2 to appear ok
> fsck...

I think you are being thrown off by the simultaneous starting of many
things. IMHO this is not related.
> Could the fact that it's trying to do a resume and is unable to be the cause
> of the problem?
I don't think so. IIANM, it is failing because there is no resume file
copied to the swap partition from which to resume from.
> I really don't need resume from disk anyway. How can I
> turn that off?
I believe you can remove the resume=/dev/xxx part of the grub boot line
in your menu.lst, but it has no bearing on the fsck running.
> I'll start looking for that setting under /etc/sysconfig
> Editor.

It may be helpful to post your fstab file. BTW, fsck is run from the
boot.localfs startup script.

--
Joe Morris