Re: [opensuse] beagled CPU usage
  • From: Janne Karhunen <Janne.Karhunen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:14:53 +0200
On Wednesday 17 January 2007 22:00, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> >> What dependency?
> >
> >Precisely that. I'd prefer to get it going..
>
> Hm? I just confirmed on a fresh install.

Ok, but like it or not, beagle is probably not going away
any day soon. So, I'd still prefer to just get it going.
That, and by accident it also manages to be helpful from
time to time ( but definitely not worth the power it's
eating :). New KDE menu for one is utterly worthless
without it.

That said, weirdest thing just happened. KDM just died
and won't come back (gdm etc work ok). Log shows the usual
informative piece;
Backtrace:
0: /usr/bin/Xorg(xf86SigHandler+0x6d) [0x4889cd]
1: /lib64/libc.so.6 [0x2b54aaf185b0]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Oh man. Would be nice for these things to just work once
in a while :/

--
// Janne