RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 04:12:44 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2007-01-16 at 20:58 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:

> I want to be able to scroll backward from the end of the file, not just see
> the last few lines in the file. I know there's a way to do it because I've
> done it before. I just have to remember how. I thought there was a command
> under less that said go to the end, but I can't find any reference to it
> under "man less".

Just type "h" for help under less. The key [End] goes to the end of the
file. As the file is large, it will take sometime to load first
(calculating line numbers) before it allows you to browse. Or (man
rules!):

+ If a command line option begins with +, the remainder of that
option is taken to be an initial command to less. For example, +G
tells less to start at the end of the file rather than the
beginning, and +/xyz tells it to start

Or you might want to use "dog" instead of "cat" ;-)

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.