RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
On Tuesday, January 16, 2007 @ 7:09 PM, Carlos Robinson wrote:

>The Tuesday 2007-01-16 at 17:49 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:

>> >else - and it may tell what.
>>
>> >Perhaps an fstab incosistency, a "/forcefsck" file...
>>
>> That's right, of course. I'd completely forgotten that that message came
>> out when it was fscking on cycle. I have not gotten that message. One
>> thing I have noticed each time is a message that says --
>>
>> fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)

>I'd guess that's the version string ;-)

>nimrodel:~ # fsck --version
>fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)

You're right, that is the version.

>fsck.ext3: invalid option -- e
>Usage: fsck.ext3 [-panyrcdfvstDFSV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize]

>> That still wouldn't explain why the
>> message "filesytem not checked..." isn't appearing. Maybe that message
>> doesn't appear any longer under 10.2?

>My guess is that it doesn't appear because it doesn't have to. I mean,
>fsck is not running for that reason, but for another one.

There's definitely a problem here. It is indeed running every time I boot.
Not only that, but I went to look at the messages file and it's so large
that YAST can't even bring it up (it just quits). I took a look at it and
it has 1,128,168,967 for a size under ls. I'm trying to remember how to use
less and have it start at the end of the file and go backward so I can see
what some of the last messages in the file are.

>- --
>Cheers,
> Carlos E. R.

Greg Wallace