Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:50:01 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2007-01-16 at 14:14 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:

> I have been running 10.2 for several weeks now and just in the last two or
> three days my system ran fsck at each startup. I've only rebooted once a
> day, so I have no idea why this started happening. I don't believe it was
> happening until just recently, so maybe it's a result of a system patch (?).
> I forget where you set the count as to how many reboots need to occur
> between fscks. Could someone tell me where that setting is? I know I
> haven't modified it and for as long as I have had SuSE (since 8.1) I believe
> it was set at 99. It's never done this before.

I don't think that is probable. If you look at the boot messages, while
its booting, not in the log, you would see a message like "filesystem not
checked in so many days, checking forced". If you don't, it is something
else - and it may tell what.

Perhaps an fstab incosistency, a "/forcefsck" file...

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.