Re: [opensuse] Timesync problem
  • From: "Geir A. Myrestrand" <geir.myrestrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:17:24 -0500
J Sloan wrote:

Have a look at http://www.ntp.org.
Or install package xntp / xntp-doc and read the documentation.

You want to use a pool of time servers (preferably in a region near your
machine), and then run the ntp service. ntpdate is the manual time sync
tool.

It is configurable though YaST (from SLP 9.3):
Yast2 > Network Services > NTP Client.

That's all well and good, but the problem is the vmware client. We have local
stratum 2 ntp servers, but the vmware clients are unable to sync to them. The
only thing that works is a periodic ntpdate command.

Yeah, I saw the other replies. Sounds like EMC/VMware have the work cut out for them if they haven't fixed it already.

--

Geir A. Myrestrand