[opensuse] Suse 9.3 and portmapper
  • From: "David Bottrill" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:39:33 -0000 (UTC)
At work we have been provided by a number of vendor-built suse 9.3 system.
We are attempting to firewall these systems away from the main network
whilst running limited NIS/NFS through the firewall.

The firewalls we use (Checkpoint Firewall-1) can statefully handle the
Portmapper /RPC / dynamic port dialog providing the portmapper runs on UDP
111. We are finding that some RPC programs are negotiated using portmapper
on UDP 111 however ypxfrd seems to want to negotiate RPC sessions using
the portmapper on TCP 111.

Any ideas how we can force this to use UDP?

Thanks in advance.

--
David Bottrill

david@xxxxxxxxxxxx