Re: [opensuse] Installing WordPerfect 8
  • From: "A. den Oudsten" <AdenOudsten@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:57:41 +0100

I am sorry for the late delay, I am way behind in my e-mail, so I
thought I would reply off list. I hope that is OK.

I too, am a WordPerfect user. There are things I can do easily in WP
that cannot be done (or not done without major effort) in any other
wp. I cannot be of much help on using this script, but I thought I
might mention that I have been able to install WP 12 with crossover
office - it was very easy. I was not sure if you were using the linux
version of WP or the windows version. But you might be able to get a
windows version with wine or crossover office as I did. The linux
version of WP was a wine conversion of the windows product anyway.

Well, just an idea - I would hate to have you give up on WP.

Frank

I intent to repartition my harddisk, so I can install Suse 8.1 next to my Suse10.2 in a separate partition.
In Suse 8.1 I'll install my WordPerfect 8 for Linux (from Corel) and try to copy it to Suse10.2 (together with shlibs5, which is also in 8.1)
When I succeed I'll inform the list about my triomf!!

Andre den Oudsten