Re: [opensuse] Weather reports
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:38:08 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-01-14 at 23:07 -0500, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> I seem to recall that there is some sort of service you can connect to to get
> local weather reports/forecasts, but I don't see anything on Google, nor in
> the SuSE 9.2 instruction books (I don't have the 9.3 books),

You have the "electronic" version of those books.

> and the Windows
> Weather Bug says it has no Linux version. Is there such a thing, and if so,
> how?

There area applets for gnome, kde, and fwmn included in the distro. And a
"Dockable Space Weather Monitor":

wmSpaceWeather is a space weather monitor. The monitor shows: 2
relativistic electron and 3 relativistic proton flux levels at
geosyncronous orbit (currently from the NOAA GOES spacecraft),
current Solar Flare X-ray flux, and the last 8 3-hour Kp index
values.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.