Re: [opensuse] Large /tmp dir w. many files
  • From: Winfried Huber <win@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:28:28 +0100
Hi Kai,

Am Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2007 14:49 schrieb Kai Ponte:
> I was running out of space on my lappie and eventually noticed about 20G of
> files in /tmp/kai - never even knew the folder existed.  Of course, I
> deleted everything, since nothing seemed to be needed.

kdirstat is your friend...

kdirstat scans a directory tree and shows very impressive where your disk
space goes to...

You will be baffled where your disk space gets lost ...
It's easy to forget some huge "temp" files like videos.

kdirstat resides in its own package, to be installed with yast. And, luckily,
you may scan mounted discs of clients running any OS.

Cheers,
Winfried