Re: [opensuse] Re: Future of SUSE (at home)
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:16:32 -0600
On 2007-01-14 14:11, HG wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 1/14/07, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * HG <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx> [01-14-07 14:46]:

>> > I'm still probably just a fool, but ... what does that mean?
>>
>> google is your *only* friend:
>> http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=plonk
>
> Sigh, yes I've already learned that there are no friends on SUSE list.
Now you enter the realm of bovine scatology. Perhaps all you need is to
learn to say "can this be done?", instead of "this cannot be done",
particularly when clearly you have not read the manual yet. (Take a look
in the samba docs about configuring the damn thing as a domain
controller, for example.)

> others also. What I have not yet learned is what one can say or ask
> here without getting this kind of response.
You can ask anything you want, and just ignore all the "RTFM" responses
you get. Most of the rest of us will help as much as we can. If you wish
to make flat claims that are patent nonsense, then do have easy access
to the fire extinguisher.