Re: [opensuse] TEST Am I really on this list?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Patton" <thpnalb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 01:45 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

That's the exit hop from suse to your isp, that took 18 minutes. Too much.
The only one that can tell what happened is a suse sysadmin by looking at
his logs.
That's correct, Carlos. According to Henne, the smtproutes.com server
is returning status=deferred, and suse re-sends the email after 20
minutes. Why the second attempt makes it is a mystery...at least to me!

I've a querie into my ISP to figure out why...and also why it is only
happening to mail from suse...

I get other forums, and even a direct email from Henne in mere seconds.
Perhaps they have a sluggish server in the rack.

Tom in NM

Nope Tom, my bet is that it is an "I D ten T" error code. Seen it many times. Seems to plague the technical community. It is obvious though. Just substitute the number 10 for the word "ten" in the foregoing quote and have a close look at the error code. It will "speak" volumes. I have falled victim to it a number of times over the years. Much more so after having children (3 to be exact).

Let me know it that solves the problem.

P.S. See you in Taos on the 5th...........

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street