[opensuse] KnetworkManager wireless connection problem
  • From: "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:17:33 -0600
I am operating under SUSE 10.2, and the wireless card is really a centrino chip. It is recognized as a separate wireless card (wireless 220BG) and it was recognized on installation. I want to connect through various wifi hotspots and through a wireless router by which I connect to an ISP. The router is made by Linksys.

The YAST connection information under YAST shows
Connection: DHCP
Operating Mode: Managed
Application code: open
Bit rate: auto
Access Point: [blank}
ESSID: [arbitrary name]
There is no encryption key or WEP key.

I clicked on the KnetworkManager icon and right clicked on the name of the wireless network name. A progress indicator appeared "Activating wireless network connection" and, after it indicated 28% completed, it conked out.

Is there something in my YAST setup I should worry about?

Best regards

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130