Re: [opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:35:45 +0100
On Saturday 13 January 2007 20:14, russbucket wrote:
> Just installed SUSE 10.2. for some reason I cannot see the DVD drive with
> and applications except YaST. I am able to install software and installed
> the system from DVD. When I try k3b or kdar they do not see my dvd. There
> is no entry in fstab or mtab for the dvd. YaSt hardware so it. When I try
> mounting the dvdrecorder or hdc it says there is no entry infstab or mtab.
> My cdrw mounts fine and is visible.

How do you mount the cdrw?

What desktop environment do you use? In 10.2, KDE and gnome are responsible
for automounting things. If you don't use one of those, you have to install
ivman and configure it

> Do I need an entry in FSTAB and what should it look like? Google show
> several answers but I'm not sure which apply. This device was working fine
> on 10.0.

You don't need an entry in fstab to mount a disc, but if you don't, you have
to give both the device and the mount point to the mount command