Re: [opensuse] Most used applications
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:16:18 +0100
On Saturday 13 January 2007 19:02, Peter Bradley wrote:
> Here's a silly one I'm sure someone can help me with.
>
> Using SuSE Linux 10.0, the SuSE (K) menu has a list of "Most Used
> Applications". I would like to delete one from the list, because I've
> uninstalled it. Unfortunately, the menu editor only seems to apply to
> the items under "All Applications".
>
> Does anyone know how I can get rid of this application's name from this
> menu.
>
> (Yes I have tried right-clicking :))

I don't think there is a GUI way of doing that (someone will surely correct me
if I'm wrong) but the recent applications are stored in
$HOME/.kde/share/config/kickerrc in the RecentApps. Deleting the entry from
there, and running

killall kicker
kicker

should be enough to remove it

Yes, it would be better if there was a GUI way of doing it