Re: [opensuse] batch resizing with gwenview
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:42:36 +1100
Bruce Marshall wrote:
On Friday 12 January 2007 15:24, Primm wrote:
If I batch resize a series of jpg's in gwenview or similar engine, the top
bit of it appears of at the bottom. Has anyone encountered similar effects?
Could anyone reproduce downloading Nikon D 50 images and then resizing to a
similar effect?

Well, I'd like to help you out but I can't get Gwenview past the point of wanting a writable path for my files... Even though I specified one in the settings.

I've never used gwenview but use convert from Imagmagik instead. I use a D70 and have never seen the problem you claim.

Try: convert -geometry 640x480 -quality 75 input.jpg output.jpg

and see how that works.

I didn't know that gwenview could do batch processing and so was most pleasantly surprise to read this thread.

But I have to admit that I am doing something very terribly wrong because I just, as a test, batch resized about a dozen images and they all came out perfect with not a distortion to be seen.

Cheers.

--
Hydrophobia, n: the fear of fire hydrants.