Re: [opensuse] Removing compiz
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:13:10 -0500
On 1/12/07, Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ive upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2 and all of a sudden I have compiz
installed automagically?

I did play with it way back and had beryl installed on 10.1, maybe it
saw the files and did the "upgrade" for me, who knows.

How do I remove it!?
Removing compiz and xgl just leaves me with a very slow X/KDE and using
the gnome-xgl-setting tool does nothing.

I did a fresh install of 10.2 and it did install compiz, but it
doesn't try to run it for me at all. I also use kde and it doesn't
interfere at all. Perhaps you have something in a stored session?

Regardless, can't it just be removed by uninstalling the rpm?

--
Andy Harrison