Re: [opensuse] Re: Using K3B as user
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:11:16 +0100
Eberhard Roloff wrote:
Hi,
actually there is no need to use k3b as root.

I originally had the problem on 10.2, that I could only use k3b successfully
when I was root, because, otherwise k3b could not access the burner device.
However this turned out to be a problem with my user configuration,
erratically taken over from (K)ubuntu at install time.
After deleting my user account, recreating it and adding myself to "users"
and "cdrom" I got a smart running KDE where I can do _anything_ as user,
just as you would expect.
If your problem is like this, you can always add another user for testing
purposes and see, whether this test-user can use k3b without being root.

regards
Eberhard

Thanks Eberhard, I'll follow Your advice.