[opensuse] Re: Using K3B as user
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:04:18 +0100
Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I answered on here on the list, that he could use kdesu k3b for using k3b.
>
> But after I could understand, that it is possible to do it as user too.
>
> What I didn't understand was how to do it.
>
> I was in control center, where I found the kded as it is called afaik.
>
> But it is greek to me, and I would appreciate a description on how to
> set up k3b to be used as a user
>
> TIA

Hi,
actually there is no need to use k3b as root.

I originally had the problem on 10.2, that I could only use k3b successfully
when I was root, because, otherwise k3b could not access the burner device.

However this turned out to be a problem with my user configuration,
erratically taken over from (K)ubuntu at install time.

After deleting my user account, recreating it and adding myself to "users"
and "cdrom" I got a smart running KDE where I can do _anything_ as user,
just as you would expect.
If your problem is like this, you can always add another user for testing
purposes and see, whether this test-user can use k3b without being root.

regards
Eberhard

regards
Eberhard