Re: [opensuse] Re: smbmount
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:33:55 +0100
Torsdag 11 januar 2007 20:25 skrev Chuck Davis:
> I am trying to configure a 10.2 machine to do the work I was doing on
> 10.0. I have a script that mounts a windows machine so that I can use
> rsync to update an external hard drive.
>
> Upon execution of smbmount 10.2 is telling me that the kernel does not
> support smbfs. I am finding this a bit difficult to believe since
> Novell seems to be so high on interoperability with MS. If the
> shipped kernel really does not support smbfs, what is the quick way to
> include support. I've never had to compile a kernel before and am
> really hesitant to believe openSuse 10.2 (boxed) is that crippled.
>
> Thanks for assistance.
>

> Chuck Davis

I hit the same problem on my SuSE10.2. This list advised me to use the
standard mount with a type of cifs. (common internet file system?).

I do, as root, something like...:

mount -t cifs //IP/share /mountpoint -o
username=myusername,password=mypassword,workgroup=myworkgroup,rw

Hope this is at least a hint :-)