[opensuse] 10.2 install on a Mylex RAID
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:11:25 +0100
I have an older Intel server with a Mylex RAID card in it.
The array is 6 drives in RAID 5, no spares.
The installer complains about not being able to do anything on the array, so i
got into a rescue kernel boot and used fdisk to make three parttitions on it.
/dev/rd/c0d0p1 - /boot (ext2)
/dev/rd/c0d0p2 - swap (swap)
/dev/rd/c0d0p3 - / (xfs)
I made the filesystems after syncing the disks.

But the installer doesn't recognize them at all.
It sees /dev/rd/c0d0 as a full partition, and states it cannot do anything
with it.

How do i get the table read?
How do i initialize the array for usage in the installer?

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob: : +46 (0)763 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >