Re: [opensuse] Printer Initializing Lockup 10.2
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:15:49 -0600
On 1/11/07, Chris (ePortel PC Systems) <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have a USB HP1210 PSC printer that was working fine copy, scan and
print-+...then I open YAST and went to PRINTER and when the screen
reaches "The list of installed drivers has changed. Building database
of drivers" it reaches 4% and then freezes! After this I can't seem to
do anything else but reboot. I also try to fix this booting into fail
safe mode and entering YAST without the GUI....and get the same results..
Is there another way to clear the printer info....or conflicting data to
start over...or am I looking at another reinstall of the OS?

OH I have two machines....and they both have this problem....and both
were printing fine....I'm use the printer drive for this model from HP's
site.

Thanks for any input on this issue.
Chris

I just had it. The solution I found was to delete the file:
/var/lib/YaST2/ppd_db.ycp.

Then it will rebuild the database.

I was about to file a bug report, but I have no access to that machine
at the moment to get the yast logs and the broken file. So, do not
delete the file, just move it to your home folder to preserve it. If
you can, please file a bug report to opensuse, so this can be fixed.

Cheers
Sunny

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.