[opensuse] Re: OpenOffice 2.1
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:22:48 +0100
Hans van der Merwe wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 10:01 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
>> On Thu January 11 2007 09:48, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> > Well mine "disappeared" when I installed the earlier version from OO
>> > some many months ago but the original icon from the 10.2 install
>> > remained...
>>
>> Thanks, Basil. I'd already created a new launcher but was curious if
>> your experience was the same.
>>
>> Carl
>

> On the OO2.1 topic; I see the non anti-aliased font rendering is still
> broken (renders Tahoma almost unreadable).
>
> Is this a OO or OpenSuse problem?

Hi,
I just created some lines with Tahoma from 10 to 20 points size and it is
displayed crystal clear, just like anything elese (on 10.2 KDE with msfonts
installed".

You might find out who is to blame on your desktop by trying another
textprocessor like abiword or KOffice with Tahoma and checking this against
the ooorg look.

regards
Eberhard.