Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 2.1
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:08:35 +1100
Malte Gell wrote:
On Tuesday 12 December 2006 22:08, James Knott wrote:
Now that OpenOffice v2.1 has been released, are there any plans for a
Novell version to follow?

There are packages with newer versions of OOorg for SUSE Linux, but these packages are not officially supported, use at your own risk:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/OpenOffice.org/

I stick with the version that came with SUSE 10.0 since I donĀ“t need the newer features.

Well you really do need the "new features" because OO 2.1 fixes a security hole.

Download the tar.gz file from OO.org itself then unpack it. It is all RPMs which you then install (together with the SuSE oriented file in desktop-integration sub-directory) using "rpm -i *.rpm". But unistall the earlier version of OO before doing so.

I've just installed 2.1 in Suse 10.2 without any drama.

Cheers.

--
Hydrophobia, n: the fear of fire hydrants.