Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
  • From: Primm <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:45:24 +0100
On Thursday 11 January 2007 13:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Thursday 2007-01-11 at 12:44 +0100, Primm wrote:
> > Under KDE in 10.2 I can 'safely remove' a disk by right clicking upon its
> > icon. Is there a command line version to do the same? In any case what
> > does it actually do? Can't I just pull the plug and walk away with it?
>
> If you mounted it using the command line, then umount it by command line.
>
> If mounted automatically using kde or gnome, tell kde or gnome to umount
> it. It should be safe to unplug directly (unless you are using nosync
> mode), if you wait for some indication that the disk has finished writing,
> but I never trust it.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Carlos E. R.

Hi Carlos y feliz año a ti y a todos.

No. I don't mount it at the command line. It always appears under /media/disk
when I plug it in so it seems that I have no choice as to where it is
mounted. I tried under yast to mount it as a name rather than a device but
that didn't work. It doesn't really matter as I always seems to work by just
pulling the cable. I just wantead an equivalent of what KDE does in
it' 'remove safely' option just to make sure.

Cheers

Steve.