Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:03:40 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2007-01-11 at 12:44 +0100, Primm wrote:

> Under KDE in 10.2 I can 'safely remove' a disk by right clicking upon its
> icon. Is there a command line version to do the same? In any case what does
> it actually do? Can't I just pull the plug and walk away with it?

If you mounted it using the command line, then umount it by command line.

If mounted automatically using kde or gnome, tell kde or gnome to umount
it. It should be safe to unplug directly (unless you are using nosync
mode), if you wait for some indication that the disk has finished writing,
but I never trust it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.