Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.2 +two network cards (solved)
  • From: art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 03:13:53 +0000

From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
> On 01/10/2007 Art Fore wrote:
> > How does one get two networking cards to go at the same time in Suse
> > Linux 10.2? I have eth0 which is wired network, and eth1 which is
> > Wireless. If I connect to the wireless using network manager, it
> > disconnects the eth0 network, connects to the wireless eth1 for a few
> > seconds, disconnects eth1, then goes back to the eth0.
>
> I have two wired network cards on separate networks. I can switch back
> and forth between them and the connections stay stable. I'm with you I
> would like to know if there is a way to get both active at the same
> time. Something like the old dual line modems.
>
> Do you have some apps configured to use a certain connection? That might
> make the connection change.
>
> --
> (o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
> Billie Walsh
> The three best words in the English Language:
> "I LOVE YOU"
> Pass them on!
> --

I went into Yast, Network Devices, Network Card, and changed it to traditional ifup configuration. I then configured the eth1 (wireless) to connect to our wireless port. After that I tried ifup eth1 but it came back that it was controlled by ifplugd. This was after rebooting. Done a search on the internet if ifplugd and found that by adding eth1 so INTERFACES="eth0 eth1" in /etc/ifplug/ifplugd.conf and saving, then issuing the command line ifplugd -i eth1, ifconfig then showed both eth0 and eth1 up with ip address.

Now, how to route only parallels to eth0 and linux to eth1, but that will be another thread.

Art