Re: [opensuse] Which graphic card should I buy?
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:36:04 -0600
On 1/9/07, Johannes Nohl <johannes.nohl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear list,

I had a nvidia and a ATI card. Since I don't play 3d games I could
live without 3d effects. I want to buy a graphic card which is
completely supported by linux (ergo open source).

Is there any?

There are OSS drivers both for nVidia and ATI, but they do not support
3D and dual head capabilities. There is OOS project, which makes use
of ATI's TV out as well.

And according to this article, 3D for nVidia is on its way:
<http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/09/2026252&from=rss>

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.