Re: [opensuse] encrypted usb disk under linux how-to]
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:05:07 -0500
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 14:07, Dennis E. Slice wrote:
> Oops, I replied directly to the sender. I meant to post the following
> to the list...
>

> I just went through this. See the relevant sections at:
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Security_Lockdown_-_Hardening_Your_Linux_S
>ystem

Wellllll......Went all over that URL and didn't really find anything
relevant except in a very general way. Seems that the only way to
encrypt a partition is by starting out that way on install. If it was
decided that something needed to be encrypted later it could only be
done on a file by file basis.

> and the discussion of mounting encrypted USB drives under the subject:
> "encrypted usb drives - fixed mount points"

Never found that. Believe me I looked!!

> on this list. The latter shows how to use device IDs to consistently
> mount a particular drive on a specific directory.

This neither. Would like to add a new USB drive that could be encrypted.

Bob S.