Re: [opensuse] Can you say ripoff - OT
  • From: "Digvijoy Chatterjee" <digvijoy.c@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:55:58 -0500
Perfectly agree, didnt know.abt that list.. will definitely advise
everyone i know to stay away from licenses and updates ..and
Vistas...etc...as far as possible and check that URL before buying
stuff...

on a more realistic front though.... for whatever practical reasons
mainly Hardware vendors not readily embracing OpenSource or OpenSuse
;-)
somebody who has bought that wrong laptop and wants to run
linux.now..can easily give up with a very sad excuse like :
"Ah Linux just doesnt work on my laptop" ....

again not trying to be rude ...but am I being really mean if I
speculate 20-30% of first time Linux users give up for lack of "stuff
not working" and fallback on that M$ thing...and live happily ever
after...

Thx
Digz