[opensuse] Wrong passwd in Yast2 (Administrator seting)
  • From: Martin Andersson <hello.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:59:57 +0100
Hej

Something strange has happend with my Yast2 (and I think it happend after
I configured sudo for ifconfig).

If I from the "Start menu" (SuSE 10.2), go to
Computer -> Administrator Settings
I will be prompted for a password, the problem is that when I enter the
Password (I doit correctly) I get an error.

"Incorrect password; please try again."

Then when I doit again (correct password).

"Conversation with su failed."
And Yast2 will stop (i.e close).

Next time when I do the same procedure I get.
"Su returned with an error."

The strange thing is that if I instead su to root in a terminal, and from
there run the comand /sbin/yast2 everything works fine.

Any idea what could have happend.

/Martin