Re: [opensuse] Re: k3b on suse 10.2: no devices
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:31:57 +0100
Lennart Börjeson wrote:
tisdag 09 januari 2007 16:50 skrev Eberhard Roloff:
My first suspect is this hal policy thing, which also forces me to manually
mount a cdrom (as root, of course) before I can access it's contents as a
user. Seems that opensuse in essence rolls back half a decade in regard to
device permission things.

This is definitely a clue. You should absolutely not have to mount cdroms as root. It works on my 10.2 system.

Are you running gnome or kde? In kde, all this is managed by KDED, which is configured (enabled) from the Control Centre. In gnome, I have no idea...

Can You give further details about setting up KDED ?. I'm in Control Centre now.