[opensuse] Does PPTP VPN actually work in SUSE 10.2?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:11:04 -0500
I have been trying unsuccessfully to use PPTP VPN to connect to a couple of remote networks. One requires a domain name and the other doesn't. I have been following some advice in this forum as well as google searching. I have tried webmin, kvnc, the knetworkmanager mods etc., but cannot find any method that allows me to set up what should be a simple VPN connection. This makes me wonder if the pptp client in SUSE actually works! Has anyone come up with a simple, reliable method for configuring a PPTP VPN? I have a valid username, host address, domain name and password for doing this. What else do I need??? What about clear instructions for just using the pptp command???

tnx jk