Re: [opensuse] openSuSE 10.2 crashing too often
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 23:59:35 +1100
Martin Mielke wrote:
Hi,

everything seems to be working correctly. Fans happily spinning and so...

As for the other reply I got on the list: this is not a laptop, so no hibernation should take place. The Kpowersaved isn't even running.

Crashing happens at random... well, haven't sit back watching the box till it dies/powers off...
Anyway, the last crash happened to me yesterday while working and listening to some streams using amaroK. I tried the streams again but they are not the cause, as I listen to streams most of the time...

Is it overheating and the CPU shuts down (but, of course, the fan keeps going to cool it)?

Cheers.