Re: [opensuse] Re: recommend me a password manager?
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:10:33 +0800
在 2007-01-07日的 23:09 +0100,email.listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx写道:
> Am Sun, 7. January 2007 15:44 schrieb Zhang Weiwu:
> > Dear All
> >
> > I have been comparing all different password managers for some time, and
> > run pwman on FreeBSD and Figaro's Password Manager on SuSE 10.1 for some
> > months (not satisfied by FPM). Now I have a fresh 10.2 installation and
> > I am looking for suggestions on the list.
> >
> > It seems there are too few avaiable password managers on the SuSE
> > sources. What I need is pretty simple: I need a password manager that
> > either work as X application or as console application. As X application
> > it should use gtk2 (not gtk1) and better be dockable to the notification
> > area or run as gnome panel applet. That's all ^_^
>
> May be revelation will [1] fullfill your needs.
> It's a gtk2 application and has a gnome-panel applet.
> But afaik it is not for console use / don't accept console commands for
> opening it's stored data.
>

> > pwman is not found on SuSE as wellas on packman/Guru package collection.
>
> You may compile it from the source tarball?
> Such small applications will compile quite easy and flawless, mostly.

Thank you for your nice recommendation. I truly wish to try it a bit
because from the screenshot looks very nice to me and has ALL features I
need (and I won't need to manually transfer my FPM password set to it).

I cannot succesfully compile it yet, because it complain for a package
'gnome-python-2.0' not found. This package do not exist on SuSE 10.2 but
a similiar package called 'gnome-python-desktop' is already installed.

I am a C language newbie plus compiler / Makefile stuff newbie, I am
afraid tweak Makefile this is not what I can handle. Would be very glad
if someone make an rpm package out of this package.