[opensuse] Just Installed 10.2: Some Questions
  • From: "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:42:57 -0600
I just installed 10.2. I am using KDE as the default. My questions:

1. Installation Source. During the installation, I was prompted to add an installation source -- http://download.opensuse.org/10.2/repo/oss. I continued only to get the message that "an error occurred while creating the installation source. Details unknown source type for http:// ...etc. I tried this twice; no luck. What is the significance of this failure? Is there some way to fix it?

2. "music" on logging on and off. How do I turn that loud sound off without messing up the general ability to hear music or talk over the net? I can't find the KDE log on manager.

3. The machine seems quite a bit slower than it was under 10.0. Is that just a feature of 10.2 or can I do something about it?

Thanks for your help.

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130