Re: [opensuse] T60 Sound troubles and 10.2
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:44:41 -0900
On Saturday 06 January 2007 11:36, Brian Blater wrote:
> On 1/6/07, Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Try adding your user to the Audio group.

> Well, I haven't added my user to the audio group, but this morning
> when I powered it on and logged in everything is working. So, either
> it was a very late night or something I modified started working after
> a reboot.
>
> Brian

Well, I can't find any specs on line for the sound chipset and your
post gave no clue, but I've seen these exact same symptoms
on the intel High Definition sound system, which is often, (but not always)
based on the sigmatel chip.

Sometimes simply restarting Alsa (rcalsa restart) will fix it.
Other symptoms that come and go occasionally are sound
that continues to come out of the speakers when you plug
in headphones.