Re: [opensuse] How about integrating real 3D desktop - Looking Glass into openSUSE ?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:09:37 +0100
Mathias Homann wrote:

I played around a bit with that, they have a live cd out, and it's so totally unlike compiz/beryl.
those two are _nothing_ but eye candy (tasty eye candy, though), but lg3d is a new approach to how a desktop environment might work, with the help of hardware 3d acceleration.

I remember 3D desktops... at least 10 years ago :-)

there is certainly some good things we could have when the HW will be cheap (very soon) - may be something as large as mouse versus xterm, but most have to be discovered :-)

the real thing will be 3D Hardware :-) it's very near, industry modeling have a great need of this :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO